February blew in with cold and snow. I know people who love this month. For me - much like November (outside of Thanksgiving) - it's a month I could skip. The last few years it's cold and snowy. Heavy snow and bitter cold. It's a good time for a vacation. Maybe next year.
- All vitamins should come in gummy form. That way it's like a treat!
- Take a day off, you need it.
Books: Quick reads over the weekend is still my speed. And I've started rocking mermaid gloves while reading. Because February came in cold.
- Making Midlife Madness by Heloise Hull which is better than I expect. Because I know the Greek gods well, the way she unveils information keeps catching me off guard in a good way.
- Night Shift Dragons by Rachel Aaron which was fantastically fun. I loved this series. Apparently it's part fo a larger "world" - but I never read those, so it feels fresh for me.
Gratitude: Laundry machines. Breakfasts out. Fancy soaps from friends. Snow that shovels easily and comes down on Saturday (so you have time to deal with it).Calendars. Getting things off the To-Do list. Scented candles. Food boxes filled with healthy food. Mermaid gloves.
Listening: Don't keep your day job podcast, which I find super inspiring. Grind and be grateful podcast. (She rarely talks about gratitude, I've noticed. Not sure this will stay on the playlist.)
Watching: Vikings. (I'm on Season 4.) I'm slowly losing interest in the series. There are now so many characters to pay attention to. American Housewife. (Current season). Dexter. (Season 2). It's a very non-stressful watch for me, maybe because I've read the books and watched it before.
Wearing - Scent & Skin
- Telegrama - Scent notes: Talc, Lavender Absolute, Black Pepper, Teak, Amyris, Vanilla Powder, Fresh Linens. Heavy on the talc and the vanilla with a strong side of lavender - this goes right to old lady; the teak and black pepper never show up for me.
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T - Scent notes: your mother’s expensive cold cream that she dutifully applied every night and now you do, too, mixed with fragrant, sumptuous black cherries. This has aged well. It's rich and incense laden - the fruit almost smells like smoke. The vanilla is hidden info a sweet richness. The older this sample gets, the better I like it. Sillage also increases with age. This has mellowed into an amazing scent and I could wear it every day
- Frozen Moon - Scent Notes: crisp winter evening air, frost, sweet sugar plums swirl with delicious marshmallow. Don't ask me explain, but this seems like a February scent.This is such a sweet scent. I continue to get a lot of sweetness off it crossed with fruit. It lasts well into the day.
Still fighting off the maskne. Keeping up the system from last week.
- Day time - Standard in-shower wash of tea tree cleanser - plus a buffing scrub (Essentially NOLA's Exfoliating Grains) - Naturallogic Elemental Advanced Hydration Red Wine Essence to restore moisture and fight off lines, Fine Cosmetics Daytime Radiance Eye Serum tapped in around the eye with 3rd finger, then Votary day oil and Votary cream.
- Night time - 1st cleanse with 100% Pure's Blood Orange Cleansing Balm following with a 2nd cleanse with my DHC Washing Powder for a little extra exfoliation. And I'm continuing to spot treating the rest. Earthwise Beauty's Yasumi Face Balm on the cheeks. Blüh Alchemy's Multi-C serum on the forehead and around the eyes. Topped by the Live Botanical Sanctuary Barrier Balm around the eyes, on the forehead and neck. Frownie on the forehead because forehead wrinkles are aging.
Ordered some new eye cream. Needing a bit more moisture due to the February dryness.
Take-away - Someone asked me, what are you doing to take care of you? It's a really good question to think about. What are YOU doing to take care of you? Because you have to put your own oxygen mask on first so you can help others.
All photos by moi! And you can tell...
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting!