They never tell you that starting over is stressful and messy and upheaval - emotionally and physically. It's all "fresh start" and "you can create the life you want". I call B-U-L-L! It's lonely. And it's hard. And what you need to do NEXT, because it's everything from changing your drivers license to all your bank info and then all the house projects* can seem super freaking overwhelming.
This is the 3rd time I've started over in this space. I was broken the 1st time after the divorce. The 2nd time I was very angry at what I'd allowed in my life. This is different in that I'm not broken or angry. I'm simply ready for a positive change. It doesn't make the starting over easier in what needs to be done, which can be overwhelming.
Remember to breathe. Read a nonsense book. Order pizza in. Be okay with unpacking 1 box that day - or none. Try to get 1 important task done. Give yourself the time and space to heal, to dream a new dream.
Book: Light reading only!
- Never Been Hexed by Christine Zane Thomas (Kindle Unlimited) Where-in the heroine spends too much time doing nothing and the actual villain is muddled. (This is book 2. I keep thinking the next will be better.)
- Hex After Forty and That Good Hex by M.J. Caan (Kindle Unlimited) Which is an interesting take on not to scary paranormal world. Also, these don't grab you by the character and hold on.
- Burn Brightly by Patricia Briggs (actual book) Which is part of my favorite Alpha and Omega series. I love these. They make me happy.
Cooking: Expect less recipes until I find people to cook for. Left to just me - I make a lot of eggs and spaghetti. With sides of Chinese food and pizza. (No worries. Just go to my recipe page.)
But, I am trying HungryRoot for a few weeks because they offer quick meal prep. Quick is my new speed. (Make eggs. Order pizza. Only "fast" food right now.)
Gardening: I had the gutters cleaned. It's the wrong time to put in anything but bulbs and my new yard will be undergoing changes next year. (Apparently the city is taking up the sidewalks.....)
Gratitude: Fantastic friends who make their husbands change your turn signal bulb, in the rain. Local service businesses.
Friends who send you decadent soaps and oils.
Friends who help you paint numbers on your new mailbox.
House repair: Bought a pane of glass for the garage and caulked it in. Not perfect but it won't let the snow in the garage any more. (This is added to - having the locks changed because people should not need a key to get OUT, and having the gutters cleaned.)
*Thinking I should set up a Go Fund Me for the house since I have vent cleaning and electrical work scheduled next week. I also blew out the porch light, which is basically unchangeable. Who knows what the following week will bring?
Listening: A podcast about Abundance. (House repairs.) A lot of Sting and Adele - because 1 name English people.
Picture of the week: My new Bambi friend! She comes in the afternoons.
Watching: All of Veronica Mars season 4. I kind of have a thing for Logan's character. (I love how he loves Veronica. It's probably obsessive and not emotionally balanced. I find it attractive.) And I'm not okay with how Season 4 ends.
Wearing Against the Skin
- Every Storm a Serenade - Scent notes: Danish Spruce, Eucalyptus, Vetiver, Calone, Ambergris, Baltic Sea Mist. I adore this scent. It is what I imagine a selkie would smell like. (I also love the name.) It makes me feel magical. I finished off the tiny sample and would buy again.
- Xanadu - Scent notes: fragrant white tea, grated ginger, saffron, a field of lavender swaying in a cool breeze, carrot seed oil, damp pine needles. This is a delicious warm kind of scent - it's the ginger. It lingers nicely on the skin - except this week. I had on too many layers and it was coolish. This isn't a scent that drifts up in cold weather. It defuses in the heat. It's made for tropic climates. I finished my bottle. Would buy again.
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. - Scent notes: your mother’s expensive cold cream that she dutifully applied every night and now you do, too, mixed with fragrant, sumptuous black cherries. I get a lot of cherry and dark vanilla off this. It's still sexy cupcake but richer smelling. It works well for the change in seasons.
- Lady Swears - Scent notes: Bourbon, Tahitian Vanilla, Lemon. I decided this is pretty much my signature scent and ordered a bottle! The sillage is gorgeous and now that this has rested dries down to an almost incense like scent for me. It still works beautifully with the change in seasons
- Day time - Standard a shower wash of tea tree cleanser followed by a third finger (gentlest finger) tapping into the skin of 100% Pure's Super Fruit Oil Nourishing Eye Cream, followed by the Votary serum.
- Night time - 1st cleanse - Lovinah's Dragon's Blood DHA Cleansing oil as first cleanse or the 100% Pure Blood Orange Cleansing Balm. (Change in season has made my skin extra dry.) . Following with a 2nd cleanse with my DHC Washing Powder for a little extra exfoliation. The moisture set has been Votary night oil and cream (via the Boxwalla) Plus the Grown Alchemist eye cream.
Pro-tip. If your very busy, introverted friend made plans with you, they have likely re-arranged their entire schedule and moved other appointments to be there. You may be their only non-business contact of the week. Think about that before you cancel.
Also, when you break up, its only polite to return the other person's things. Especially if you know they did not intend to leave them.
Take-away - You can let delays get in your way. Or you can accept that you don't always control the timing and things happen in their own time. Acceptance is an interesting thing to practice.