Sadly, on the last weekend of June, in anticipation of the 4th of July, my eyes may have been bigger than my time budget. (Re-new is my favorite button on the library webpage.) The books I actually got to - in terms of time - were:
- The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison - next to last in the Hallows saga
- Five Minutes on Mondays by Alan Lurie - read Thursdays this month
- And I finally finished The Lost City of Z by David Grann
- A Little Night Magic by Lucy March
- Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell (the journey is a familiar road - but I always learn something new.)
- Mad Hungry Cravings by Lucinda Scala Quinn - a little heavy on meat and dairy, but I love her no-nonsense approach to food.
This month's fascinating stuff?
- Here's an interesting summer reading list from Gotham Writers.
- The Wall Street Journal is doing a new blog on first lines of books. (I want to play!)
Take-away - Share what you love and why. People will be mesmerized.
Other posts of potential interest on reading and books: