April is my favorite month - most years. It's the Spring and the forsythias, lilacs, hyacinths, and other blooming things bringing the beauty back after the long winter. And usually this is the time of year when new perfume and books show up. What's not to like? As a special bonus, this month includes World Book Night (coolest new find of the year), National Library Week, and National Poetry Month! I have fond memories of libraries and a wish to some day live in a converted library. Or at least having a stunningly beautiful library in my home.
To live surrounded by books. I can imagine nothing more grand.
Some of these books would definitely be part of the library of Alexandria (and some are now).
- We Celebrate Easter by Bobbie Kalman (reading for kidlets)
- I Love Easter by Hans Wilhelm (reading for kidlets)
- She Had Some Horses by Joy Harjo, a favorite poet, in honor of the month (bonus link - audio of Joy reading the book's namesake poem)
- Stats & Curiosities from Harvard Business Review (I continue to read it in bits)
- Five Minutes on Mondays by Alan Lurie (Continuing reading a chapter a Monday)
Take-away - What are you reading? Should I be reading it?
Other posts of potential interest on reading and books:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting!